Get a weekly roundup of our market insights.Sign up for the MarketMinder email newsletter. Learn more.
Market Wrap-Up, Thursday, December 1, 2016
Below is a market summary as of market close Thursday, December 1, 2016:
- Global Equities: MSCI World (-0.2%)
- US Equities: S&P 500 (-0.3%)
- UK Equities: MSCI UK (+0.6%)
- Best Country: Norway (+1.6%)
- Worst Country: Belgium (-2.5%)
- Best Sector: Energy (+1.3%)
- Worst Sector: Information Technology (-2.1%)
Bond Yields: 10-year US Treasury yields rose 0.06 percentage point to 2.45%.
Editors' Note: Tracking Stock and Bond Indexes
Source: Factset. Unless otherwise specified, all country returns are based on the MSCI index in US dollars for the country or region and include net dividends. S&P 500 returns are presented including gross dividends. Sector returns are the MSCI World constituent sectors in USD including net dividends.