Get a weekly roundup of our market insights.Sign up for the MarketMinder email newsletter. Learn more.
Market Wrap-Up, Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Below is a market summary as of market close Wednesday, January 18, 2017:
- Global Equities: MSCI World (+0.2%)
- US Equities: S&P 500 (+0.2%)
- UK Equities: MSCI UK (+0.0%)
- Best Country: Hong Kong (+1.0%)
- Worst Country: Singapore (-0.6%)
- Best Sector: Materials (+0.5%)
- Worst Sector: Telecommunication Services (-0.4%)
Bond Yields: 10-year US Treasury yields rose 0.11 percentage point to 2.43%.
Editors' Note: Tracking Stock and Bond Indexes
Source: FactSet. Unless otherwise specified, all country returns are based on the MSCI index in US dollars for the country or region and include net dividends. S&P 500 returns are presented including gross dividends. Sector returns are the MSCI World constituent sectors in USD including net dividends.