Get a weekly roundup of our market insights.Sign up for the MarketMinder email newsletter. Learn more.
Market Wrap-Up, Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Below is a market summary as of market close Tuesday, May 3, 2016:
- Global Equities: MSCI World (-1.0%)
- US Equities: S&P 500 (-0.9%)
- UK Equities: MSCI UK (-1.8%)
- Best Country: Australia (+0.5%)
- Worst Country: Spain (-2.9%)
- Best Sector: Consumer Staples (-0.3%)
- Worst Sector: Energy (-2.4%)
Bond Yields: 10-year US Treasury yields fell 0.03 percentage point to 1.80%.
Editors' Note: Tracking Stock and Bond Indexes
Source: Factset. Unless otherwise specified, all country returns are based on the MSCI index in US dollars for the country or region and include net dividends. Sector returns are the MSCI World constituent sectors in USD including net dividends.