Market Wrap-Up, Thursday, December 8, 2016
Below is a market summary as of market close Thursday, December 8, 2016:
- Global Equities: MSCI World (+0.2%)
- US Equities: S&P 500 (+0.2%)
- UK Equities: MSCI UK (-0.0%)
- Best Country: Japan (+1.0%)
- Worst Country: Austria (-1.4%)
- Best Sector: Financials (+0.8%)
- Worst Sector: Consumer Staples (-0.3%)
Bond Yields: 10-year US Treasury yields rose 0.06 percentage point to 2.40%.
Editors' Note: Tracking Stock and Bond Indexes
Source: Factset. Unless otherwise specified, all country returns are based on the MSCI index in US dollars for the country or region and include net dividends. S&P 500 returns are presented including gross dividends. Sector returns are the MSCI World constituent sectors in USD including net dividends.