Market Wrap-Up, Thursday, September 22, 2016
Below is a market summary as of market close Thursday, September 22, 2016:
- Global Equities: MSCI World (+1.1%)
- US Equities: S&P 500 (+0.7%)
- UK Equities: MSCI UK (+2.2%)
- Best Country: Norway (+4.0%)
- Worst Country: Japan (-0.1%)
- Best Sector: Materials (+1.7%)
- Worst Sector: Information Technology (+0.7%)
Bond Yields: 10-year US Treasury yields fell 0.03 percentage point to 1.62%.
Editors' Note: Tracking Stock and Bond Indexes
Source: Factset. Unless otherwise specified, all country returns are based on the MSCI index in US dollars for the country or region and include net dividends. S&P 500 returns are presented including gross dividends. Sector returns are the MSCI World constituent sectors in USD including net dividends.